Buying a good pair of motorcycle boots can be an exercise in patience unless
you know what to look for in motorcycle boots. Here are a few points you can
keep in mind when you go searching for one:
1. Motorcycle boots should be at least 160 mm in height, and must provide
impact protection for the shins, instep and ankles.
2. The soles that are sewn are stronger than the ones that are bonded. Often,
the glued soles come off when the rider drags the feet along the road while
stopping the bike.
3. The soles should be oil resistant and waterproof. You should be able to
walk through a puddle. Fortunately, most leather motorcycle boots can manage
this with ease.
4. Lighter boots are better in summers.
5. The leather should be ISO 11642 compliant autel
maxisys ms906. This is a test of color fastness in water.
6. Your boot should have at least 10 mm clearance from the edge to the
7. Uppers should be abrasion resistant.
8. Leather should be at least 2.5 mm thick and soles should be 4 mm not
including the cleats.
9. Contoured boot soles aid in traction and should be made from a durable
10. The leather used should be thick enough to offer protection but supple
enough to be comfortable and soft.
11. A flex panel in the ankle area is very comfortable. It allows you to flex
your ankles while applying the brakes, or even while walking.
12. Flex sections are missing in engineer-style slip-on boots because the
wide upper allows enough movement within the boot. However, slip on boots are
also likely to slip off.
13. Its best to have boots secured to your ankle with laces, zippers,
hook-and-loop straps or a combination of the above.
12. The lining in a motorcycle boot is very important. It should keep you
dry, ventilated and snug in all kinds of weather. Wearing the right socks can
also make a big difference. Stores that sell serious backpacking equipment will
in all likelihood have high-tech socks.
13. Functional motorcycle boots must provide enough tread for stability. A
tread pattern that runs sideways as well as fore and aft is great.
14. Thick rubber soles help to absorb vibration Autel
MaxiPRO MP808TS. You can also consider some padded inserts. There are enough
available at the local stores.
15. Motorcycle boots should provide adequate heel and toe cups designed to
flex under pressure.James Gunaseelan Writes articles & Reviews for
India's No.Auto Portal.He also advises consmers on buying & selling of used
cars & Automobiles in India.